Externally Verified courses to Ofqual standards recognised by Universities and Employers worldwide.
Studying English at East Midlands School of Business & Management is a challenging and rewarding experience.
We take utmost care in ensuring that our students develop their English language skills for use in many different environments, whether you are a beginner or more advanced learner.
Our English programmes are held in small classes, this is a very effective teaching method which allows courses to be flexible and personalised to the needs of each student.
We currently teach:
- General English Language – For everyday life in the UK.
- Academic English Language – For students preparing to pursue further education in the UK.
- IELTS Preparation – Intensive IELTS training for University admission requirements.
ESBM is now approved to conduct Gatehouse Awards examinations at
- Gatehouse Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International Entry 1 (CEFR: A1) – 600/5182/6
- Gatehouse Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International Entry 2 (CEFR: A2) – 600/7651/3
- Gatehouse Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International Entry 3 (CEFR: B1) – 600/7040/7
Gatehouse Awards has Ofqual accreditation for ESOL International from Entry 1 to Entry 3. These correspond to and are mapped to levels A1 to B1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
ESBM – General/Academic English Language Course Information
We have recently released our new Academic English Language course which contains a lot of useful information about studying English at ESBM, including:
- A detailed guide to all levels of English Language currently offered by ESBM, from beginner to advanced. We also briefly touch on some sample course content, which details what students can expect to learn during their studies. Lastly, we compare each level of our English programme to other well-known English/ESOL qualifications, such as IELTS, TOEFL and others.
- An overview of ESBM’s enrolment policy, including a guide to a students first day at the College and the topics covered.
- Some information about Leicester, including public transportation access, security, sightseeing and places of worship.
In order to view this course guide please visit the following link
IELTS Preparation Programme
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is used to assess the language ability of students requiring to study or work in English.
IELTS conforms to the highest international standards of language assessment, and covers the following language skills – Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
IELTS is recognised by universities and employers in many countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA. It is also recognised by professional bodies, immigration authorities and other government agencies.
ESBM’s IELTS preparation programme aims to prepare and equip students with the knowledge to sit an IELTS examination and achieve the appropriate score required for them to progress into further education.
Our courses are quite intensive and maintain an extensive focus on the use of all four English skills (Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing), in addition to developing student’s essential vocabulary and grammar.
To supplement this, all students will be provided with regular, detailed feedback on their progress by our highly qualified and professional team of English course tutors.
Once a student is ready to sit their IELTS examination, we will book them onto an exam at an official IELTS examination centre at the nearest available date and location.
United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA) – English Language Requirements
All students wishing to study in the United Kingdom on a Tier 4 Visa, must ensure that they meet the required English proficiency as outlined by the UKBA. Students who do not meet these requirements may be offered a pre-sessional course, which will be undertaken before their main course commences.
For more information about UKBA English requirements, please visit the following link.
There are many progression opportunities for students who have completed their English programmes at East Midlands School of Business & Management. Students may wish to enrol on to higher levels of General English or Academic English. Alternatively, once students reach the required English competency, they may be eligible to enrol on to one of our core Business, Management or Tourism & Hospitality programmes.
Our English programme’s are priced according to level and duration, we currently offer General English at £250.00 per week and Academic English at £270.00 per week.